Friday 26 September 2008

Saying buh-bye to goodbyes and hello to good-allos!

"Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes." ~Henry David Thoreau.













Goodbyes are the hardest things to
say, especially when they involve saying goodbye to moments ligated with friendship, camaraderie and time; moments of happiness, laughter, stimulating conversations and good food. Oxford is a student city, and like other university towns it is a cultural melting pot where students arrive from all over world bringing their own individuality, identity and cultural imprints. Yet, as a friend of mine said, "All good things come to an end" ; and while friendships emerge from acquaintances and affections develop, time moves on and its soon time to say goodbye.... This week and the next, people with whom I have spent last few months and a very buoyant summer are leaving oxford. Each one, with their distinctive personality traits was special in their own way and leave their own life impressions. I never understood what is good about goodbye and perhaps I never will. I am only human, if I had my way there would never be goodbyes,only good-allos! Yet, it is a fact of life. Sun doesn't shine 24 hours(especially in UK!) because if it did we would never appreciate it for bringing sunshine of warmth and brightness of life. So I guess, goodbyes are meant for us to appreciate the wonderful moments spent together. It is in those memories I believe, the good-allos live on! So I wanted to say warm good-allo to Isabel, Lidia, Koji , Mariona and Jin. The time I spent with you was awesome! I hope to see you guys again soon!









No comments: